Wednesday, May 27, 2009



Corn on the Cob... Susan style :-)


Last night I wanted to make some sweet corn on our gas grill, but we were having our house roofed and I looked out on the patio and realized that grilling was a bad idea last night. So... since I had already prepared the corn to cook, I improvised by cooking it in the house on the stove top! Here is the recipe...


5 ears of sweet corn, shucked and rinsed clean

Juice of two limes

Olive Oil

Kosher Salt


I used a large square pan and placed the corn in the pan, poured the lime juice over the corn, poured some olive oil on the corn and then sprinkled the corn with kosher salt. That's it! Then I put my flat non-stick pan on the burner, turned it up to medium high. Once I put the ears of corn in the pan, I turned the burner down to medium. Then I placed a lid on the corn -- my lid was smaller than the pan, so it just sort of sat on top of the ears of corn, but it helped keep some of the heat in. I turned the corn several times over the 10-15 minutes that I cooked them.


Seriously, that was some good corn and this is coming from a girl that was born and raised in Iowa... corn country!!


No comments:

Post a Comment